Saturday, February 26, 2011

Successful Book Signing

Thank you to everyone that attended my first book signing....it was a huge success. The management of Chapters were also very impressed, and said they would love to have me back in a couple of months to do another book signing, as well as when my next novel comes out in the fall. The manager said if he graded book signings, I would definitely get an "A". Before the actual event I did a lot of reading on what it takes to have a successful book signing, and although everyone's ideas differ somewhat, one thing that was universally agreed upon was that you don't just sit behind a table, but you get out there and talk to people...show some enthusiasm!! Sometimes little things can help make a difference too....eye catching props....a dish of candies, or in my case, a treasure chest of candies. I know this is only one step on a long journey to a career as a writer, but it's one I will savor for now with a nice glass of wine. Unfortunately the downtime will be short....I plan to release my second novel, "2012: Mayan Cenote" at the Surrey Book Fair (Western Canada's largest book fair) in October, where they have already a table booked for me. I'm really looking forward to this event, not only for all the exposure it will bring, but that it takes place in metro Vancouver, a place I called home for many years.
The world of a writer is often a world of solitude, and days like this are the days that energize and inspire me....thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment